We have always been taught that our bra size was a number: we used a 90, a 95, a 100 or whatever number it was, but now we see that, in addition to the number, there is a letter (A, B, C, D... ). So, if you are thinking of renewing your underwear, it is normal that you do not know what bra size is yours. Don't worry!
Not all women have the same body or the same back or the same amount of chest. To respect these differences, these letters emerged: they indicate the bra cup. Hence, each size has different letters, that is, different cups.
What is the cup of a bra?
A bra size is made up of two parts: a number and a letter. The number refers to the contour of the torso; the cup is reflected by a letter and indicates the volume of the breast. It is a very important difference when determining the actual size we use.
Not all women have the same amount of chest or the same back, that's why each size has different cups.
How is it calculated?
Now the big question arises: how can I know the cup of the bra and the contour? To find out, you should take a tape measure and measure, without exerting much pressure:
- The distance under the chest: this will give you the contour of the torso.
- The chest area with more volume, at the height of the nipple or areola: this will give you the cup.
- As we have said before, the cup indicates the proportion between the contour and the volume of the breast. To calculate it, we must subtract the centimeters of the volume from those of the contour.
- The cup B of a bra is one that has between 14 and 16 cm of difference.
- The cup C of a bra is one that has between 17 and 19 cm of difference.
- The D cup of a bra is one that has between 20 and 22 cm of difference.
- The E cup of a bra is one that has between 23 and 25 cm of difference.
- The F cup of a bra is one that has between 26 and 28 cm of difference.
- This is an estimate; We won't know if a bra is for us until we try it. If we feel comfortable and it doesn't hurt or cause us discomfort, it will be the right bra.
When it's not the right cup
- It is very important for our health to use a bra that is our size; It should allow us to make any type of movement without it moving. When you try it on, the first thing you should do is adjust the straps until they are at the perfect height: they should not fall or tighten until they leave a mark. If, even adjusting them, any of these problems occur, then the bra is not your size:
- If the cup is hollow, that is, the chest does not fill it completely, then the bra is too big for you. Try one letter less of the same size and, if the problem persists, you will have to find another size.
- If, on the other hand, the bra is too tight and your chest protrudes above (giving rise to what is known as the double-breasted effect), below or on the sides, it means that it is too small for you. You should try one more letter of the same size.
Different types of coverage
Within the market, there are mainly two types of cup cover: full and half.
- The full cup is characterized by almost completely covering the chest, providing maximum support. It is ideal for women with large breasts who need rather large cups, as they help to hide the volume. Some models of large sizes (both in contour and cup) have additional reinforcements in the back so as not to overload it. However, these types of cups are not usually recommended with a neckline, since they usually leave part of the fabric visible. Fortunately, at Leonisa we have great coverage bras that allow you to use necklines, however, you should not sacrifice fashion for comfort or vice versa!
- The half cup, on the other hand, does not completely cover the bust, but only reaches halfway. This type of cup favors smaller breasts because it rounds and enhances them. They are generally comfortable, light and soft bras, and they adapt to the neckline of any garment.
Our torso and our bust are not the same size, so it is very important to know the difference between contour size and bra cup. Using a size that does not fit us can cause discomfort and discomfort.
To facilitate the search for the perfect size, at the end of each of the products available on our website you will find a tool that will help you select the perfect contour and cup size for you. You only have to indicate your measurements (in centimeters) of contour and bra cup. You already have it? It is time to launch yourself with that model that you always wanted to choose. Feel sexy and confident with Leonisa!