How do you take care of your swimwear? Here you will find 8 tips what YES you should do and what definitely NOT.
It has happened to me many times, that I take my favorite bathing suit on vacation to the beach, and when
The season is over, I realize that my garment is no longer the same: it looks faded, the
fabric looks very stretchy and has flecks on the back.
this is something super common that can happen to all women for lack of knowledge of care and use what we must have with our clothes to sunbathe, go to the pool or be on the beach in season Of summer. Bathing suits undergo many changes due to heat and temperatures so extremes to which they are subjected.
Having to replace your favorite swimsuit after a long time of use is unavoidable, but there are several things you can do to prolong the life of your garment and save yourself a little of money.
That is why as a Personal Shopper, it is extremely important for me that women like you know how to
take proper care of your garments, making them last much longer in your
So, how do you take care of your swimwear? I'm going to give you 8 tips of what YES you should do and what you definitely NO I'm sure they will be really useful for you!
1. Never wash your SWIMWEAR garments in the washing machine (not even in
delicate or gentle cycle).
Believe it or not, your washing machine can damage the fabric of your garments and create damage that deteriorates your swimsuit. For best results, hand wash your bathing suit as quickly as possible after use, with water cold and using a mild soap designed for the most delicate fibers.
- 2. To dry your garment very delicately, you can put a towel on top and remove all excess water. Never twist your bathing suit, as this can damage the spandex fibers And I'm sure no one will want that!
- 3. Never put your swimsuit in the dryer This can deteriorate too much! Did you know that heat weakens the elasticity of the fibers of spandex, making your swimsuit lose the qualities of its materials? So the dryer is a definite NO. The best idea is to dry your bathing suit in the shade on a flat surface.
- 4. Say no to bleach. This may sound very logical. but try to stay away from bleach when washing your clothes as that can damage the color of your garments or create stains that you do not want for anything in the world.
- 5. If you ever want to get into a hot tub, don't worry! This will not immediately damage your swimsuit, if you do it with very little frequency. But if you use these hot baths almost every day, avoid using the same bathing suit, as the heat can permanently damage it. for these occasions I recommend you to use different garments, alternating their use.
- 6. Avoid sitting on very rough surfaces while wearing your bathing suit The edges of the pool that are in concrete, or the chairs on wood can damage your clothes Always use a towel to sit or lie on any place!
- 7. It's no secret that chlorine and the sun can be a fatal combination, and this applies more to your bathing suits. To remove the chemicals that you can find in swimming pools or even on the beach to your swimsuit, I recommend rinsing it in cold water after use. It's important that you do immediately take it off; Even when you don't have much time, it's very important Give it a rinse and lather it up a bit. So you can remove the salt water or chemicals such as chlorine, prolonging its useful life and keeping it more than perfect.
- 8. If you are going to store your wet bathing suit, always try to remove all the excess water you can and try to store it in a bag where you can stay wet. The plastic bags in which your clothes come are a very good idea, since that are reusable and you can take them everywhere, preventing the rest of your clothes from wet. Ideally, you should rinse and wash your swimsuit immediately when you get home. to avoid bacteria.
Other topics that may interest you
How to wash your underwear and delicate girdles
Learn how to care for bras, lingerie, shapewear and more, including information on how to wash and dry them.
A bra for every occasion
I don't know if you know, but underwear has power and magic over us women to make us feel and see in a different way.
What is my bust size?
It may sound very logical to know what size of bust you have, but many times for not knowing it correctly, you can make not-so-wise decisions when choosing the garments perfect for you